Many people think that striving to set up a snack is only necessary for the little ones in the house who are in school, but it is not so. To go to work and university, it is also important and necessary to take a healthy snack with you.
The Wellness Advisors ensure that a person must eat a day, at least three times, in addition to this, they affirm that they should have small snacks that are nutritious and make them feel satiated for longer and energized throughout the day.
These snacks should not be composed of processed foods filled with sugar, preservatives and saturated fats, lacking in nutritional intake and that are usually harmful to health.
Today we will give you some tips to take it into account when putting together your snack:
- Homemade preparations The main thing is that, in your snack, the less processed foods you have, the better. Unfortunately, most of the “snacks” on the market are high in sodium, sugars and artificial preservatives that are unhealthy. Unlike homemade preparations that are healthier, cheaper and equally delicious.
- Nutritional balance Try to have your snacks contain foods from all nutritional groups: carbohydrates, fats, proteins, fruits and vegetables. An example would be a sandwich of whole wheat bread with shredded chicken and vegetables, it contains the nutrients of all the groups. Also, there must be a variety of colors and flavors.
- A good presentation. Everything enters through the eyes and a good presentation can motivate you to eat well. For this it is necessary to pack everything is ready-to-eat portions, for example, strawberries in halves, broken apples, almonds in airtight bag, etc.
- Good condition and hygiene. It is necessary to use containers that close very well to avoid spills, and always when arriving home, wash them. Fruits and vegetables should be very well washed.
- Fresh fruits whole and raw. They are healthier than the famous juice boxes, which have a large amount of sugar, also the nutritional contribution of the fruit has been lost due to the chemical process. For this reason, wellness advisors advise avoiding them – as do sodas – and suggest opting for the fruit in its original version.
- Vegetables can also be included in snacks. Either incorporated in some of the preparations or alone, such as small carrots or cherry tomatoes.
- Dairy intake is important for the development of children, but for adults it should be reduced. I tried to eat yogurt or some cheeses low in sugars and fats (It is best to make them at home). Avoid dairy rich in saturated fats, such as custards or custard.
Snack ideas for your business days and to go to college.
- Chopped fruit: A serving of seasonal fruits: apple, pineapple, pear, strawberries, melon, papaya or pineapple. You can add lemon and seeds such as flaxseed, chia or sesame seeds. This snack will provide you with vitamins, minerals, good fats, fiber and water, which strengthen the immune system, improve digestion and help lower cholesterol.
- Nuts: Experts recommend the consumption of nuts, never salted. This snack will keep you full for longer and has a great contribution of healthy fats. A day you can eat a serving of almonds, nuts, pecans, peanuts and pistachios.
- Oatmeal pancakes: They are easy to prepare and you can easily take them to work or university. Do it with oatmeal, cocoa and eggs. It will provide energy and protein to your diet.
- Cheese with mushrooms: It is recommended for people who want to lose weight because mushrooms have a low caloric intake and fresh cheese is a rich source of good quality protein. Prepare them in two ways: sautéing the mushrooms or steaming them, accompany them with a piece of fresh cheese.
- Jelly light: You can choose the option to prepare ligth jelly because, in addition to being a rich source of collagen, it will refresh you.