Are you one of those who likes soda at all meals? Do you feel you can’t eat without having it next to you? It is important that you know that soft drinks are sugar-laden products and most of them only have bad effects on your health.
You will be surprised by the statistics, only the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that, to achieve a healthy diet, you should consume only 5% of the total calories you require per day. What does that 5% mean? That would be 25 grams or 6 teaspoons of sugar per day. However, a single can of soda of the standard size (330 ml) contains the equivalent of 36 g of sugar, a fatal figure for health.
Today we will recommend some important tips to stop drinking soda and change those bad habits that affect your health.
- When you are thirsty, that your first option ‘always’ is to drink water, you will gradually get used to it.
- Replace your sweet craving with fruit waters, you can choose different flavors and sweeten them with natural ingredients.
- If what you crave is gas, try drinking mineral water because it has only 1% of the acids that soft drinks commonly have.
- Reduce your consumption little by little. First stop taking it daily, then only on weekends and finally, drink it only at meetings or parties.
- Mark your advance. Keep a calendar and point out the days you don’t drink soda. According to a study from the University of London, this helps eliminate the habit. Try it!
- Isolate yourself from the source, change the soda, this will help you be more aware of what you drink, if you usually have it in the first levels or in front of your cupboard, send it to the bottom.
- Remove the soda from your shopping list and avoid being at home.
- Choose a healthier caffeinated drink, tea is an excellent option especially green tea.
- When you consume soda, look for light or sugar-free options, since they have less negative effects.
- Eat more fruit. Leaving the soda can cause you anxiety due to lack of sugar. If this happens to you, eat fruit and satisfy your desire.
You should take note of the advice, because the negative effects of consuming too much soda greatly affect your health, so today we will list some for you to make the decision faster.
- The acid and sugar they contain can dissolve tooth enamel.
- It is related to the increase in caries, which in turn affects the nerve and root of the tooth.
- Phosphoric acid and sodium benzoate can cause kidney problems.
- Its large amount of sugar raises insulin levels.
- It has been proven that taking it more than three times a week blocks calcium absorption.
- Increase the risk of obesity.
- The caffeine in the soda gives you brief periods of energy, however, it increases your need to consume more sugar.
- Researchers at Boston University found that people who drink a soda a day are at greater risk of having a cardiovascular accident.