Pumpkin and Chickpea Soup24 January, 2019
Crustless Leek and Cheese Quiche24 January, 2019
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup orange lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 1 small zucchini, finely grated
- 1 small sweet potato, grated
- 5 sprigs fresh basil (leaves only) or 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped or minced
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or nut flour or corn flour, or a little of each)
- 1/2 cup whole-grain sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 185°C.
- Place quinoa, water, lentils, vegetables, salt, and pepper in a pot, stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes until quinoa and lentils are ready, adding dry herbs (if used) for the last 5 minutes.
- Add 1 beaten egg, flour and fresh herbs (if used) and stir until a thick, sticky batter is obtained.
- Beat the remaining egg in a deep bowl and pour sesame seeds on another plate.
- Form small finger-sized "sausages", roll in egg and then in sesame seeds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.