Lentils and Shiitake Mushroom Soup24 January, 2019
Quinoa, Lentil and Vegetable Fingers24 January, 2019
- 2 kg pumpkin, cut into large cubes
- 2 whole garlic heads, grilled
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey (or any other natural sweetener)
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- A handful of mixed chopped herbs – coriander, parsley and basil
- Bake pumpkin in a preheated oven (200°C) until soft and browned, for about 35-40 minutes.
- Broil garlic heads in aluminum foil and a little oil, for about 40 minutes until brown.
- Blend the pumpkin in a blender with a little vegetable stock until smooth. Add more stock according to need.
- Sauté onion in a little olive oil and add cumin, coriander powder, turmeric, honey, and mustard.
- Add remaining stock and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, stir, and remove from heat.
- Peel garlic and stir into soup.
- Garnish with the herbs and serve hot.