Rich Tuna Salad24 January, 2019
Pumpkin and Chickpea Soup24 January, 2019
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 15 dried shiitake mushrooms or 400 gr fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, coarsely grated
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley and/or coriander as garnish
- Heat oil in a medium-size pot and sauté onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until onion begins to soften.
- Add celery, stir and add mushrooms.
- Simmer until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about one hour until lentils soften.
- If the soup is too thick, add more hot vegetable stock or boiling water.
- Season to taste and garnish with chopped parsley or coriander. Serve hot.