Black Bean Salad30 January, 2019
Quinoa-Based Tabuleh Salad30 January, 2019
- 1 cup chickpeas, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 sprigs parsley, minced
- 1 fresh hot pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 lemon, peeled (both yellow peel and white pith)
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- Strain chickpeas. Place in a pot, cover with cold water, add baking soda, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until soft.
- Strain and place in a bowl.
- Separate the lemon sections using a sharp knife and add to the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Mix and serve.