Quinoa, Lentil and Vegetable Fingers24 January, 2019
Date and Nuts Balls24 January, 2019
- 5 leeks (white part only)
- 1 cup whipping cream [or yoghurt or 5%-fat quark ("Gvina Levana")]
- 75 gr 5%-fat semi-hard salty cheese ("Bulgarit")
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50 gr hard cheese ("Emek"), grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 10 Kalamata olives (or other green olives), pitted and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Slice leeks into slices 1-2 cm thick and soak in water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain and place in a pot with fresh water. Bring to a boil and cook about 6 minutes until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Drain the salty cheese and crumble into a deep bowl. Add all other ingredients (including leeks) and mix well.
- Pour into a lightly greased glass oven-proof quiche dish and bake for 35 minutes until golden.