Lettuce Salad with Lemon-Honey Dressing24 January, 2019
Hummus (Chickpea) Salad30 January, 2019
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 1/2 purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small hot pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Cover beans with water and let stand overnight.
- Strain and place in pot with fresh cold water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover, and simmer until soft but not overcooked, about an hour and a half (the beans should maintain their shape). Drain and chill.
- Place beans in a large bowl together with remaining vegetables and mix.
- Mix together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix into salad.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours to blend tastes. Serve cold.