Date and Nuts Balls24 January, 2019
Spice Chai24 January, 2019
- 2 oranges or 2 lemons
- 1 cup almonds, finely ground
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Rinse and cook oranges or lemons whole in boiling water for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Drain, cut, and remove seeds and peel.
- Purée until smooth.
- Add almonds, eggs (one at a time), honey and baking powder.
- Pour batter into a round, greased, 24 cm baking pan and bake for 45 minutes, until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing, and serve.